Users can avail Paytm payment instruments, i.e. Paytm Wallet, Postpaid, and Paytm Payments Bank for performing transactions on the AI Router checkout page by logging in via mobile number and OTP.
Below is the user login journey for the Paytm payment instrument:
- User selects Paytm as a payment option and enters the mobile number
- Merchant integrates with the Generate OTP API of the AI Router and calls it over the application or website.
- AI Router sends an OTP to the user’s mobile number. Once the user enters the OTP to complete the authentication process. Validate OTP API is called to validate the OTP entered by the user.
- If the OTP entered by the user is correct then the merchant's app or browser will display successful login to the user. In other cases, the user is asked to enter a valid OTP in the merchant's app / browser.
- The user will be logged in to the wallet account and as part of the Validate OTP response, all three Paytm instruments, i.e. Paytm Wallet, Paytm Postpaid, and Paytm Payments bank will be fetched and displayed to the user.
Note: The payment option which is returned as part of the API response depends on the following factors
- Whether the merchant has enabled the payment options (Wallet / Postpaid / Paytm Payments Bank A/C) on their MID through the merchant panel.
- Whether an active Wallet / Postpaid / Paytm Payments Bank A/C account exists for the user.
Merchants can utilize the AccountStatusInfo parameter from Verify OTP response to check the above-mentioned configuration / status and can accordingly show the payment options on their checkout page.
- Paytm Wallet: The available balance in the user’s Paytm wallet account will be fetched and displayed on the checkout page as part of the Verify OTP API response.
- Paytm Postpaid: To fetch the available balance on a user's Paytm Postpaid account, the merchant should integrate and call the Fetch Balance API during login.
- Paytm Payments Bank: To fetch the available balance on a user's Paytm Postpaid account, the merchant should integrate and call the Fetch Balance API during login.
After logging into the Paytm account, the user can select any of the below-mentioned Paytm instruments to complete their payment:
Login Journey for Returning Users
Depending on the type of integration, merchants can offer two different types of flow to their returning users:
- Auto Login
- Mobile No. & OTP Based login
1. Auto login:
- The auto-login flow allows new users to provide their consent to keep their Paytm account logged in on the merchant’s checkout page.
- Users can simply select the “Remember Me” checkbox to provide their consent while logging in for the first time. This value is taken as input in the Verify OTP API request.
Note: To provide a pre-login / auto-login feature to their returning users, merchants will have to integrate with AI Router’s Fetch Payment Options API to power their checkout page.
- When the user returns back on the merchant’s checkout page, the checkout page will be rendered via Fetch Payment Options API, and the user’s Paytm featured instruments will be fetched and displayed to the user, without the additional step of logging into the Paytm account again.
2. Mobile number & OTP-based login:
If the merchant has not integrated the Fetch Payment Options API on its checkout page, the login-based flow will be shown to the user. Users will have to login via mobile number and OTP to access Paytm Wallet, Postpaid, and Paytm Payments Bank A/C payment options.