The approval process is the most palpable need for every operation in any organization. At any given moment, in organizations across the world, operations go on to hold while waiting for approvals. In most organizations, approvals are either paper-based or on emails. And depending on the size of the organization, this approval process could take weeks, months, or even years. Sometimes, approval is needed to even get started. These systems get very complicated when the size of the organization is big and the approvals get complicated and inaccuracies dive into the system. Complexities and inaccuracies also increase the pendency rate and status tracking gets quite difficult.
Thus, no matter what stage requires approval, having a standard approval process in place can improve the workflow and dramatically increase productivity and allow the organizations to streamline their process.
Paytm Payouts allows the admin user to create a customized approval workflow and also allows other users from the organization to be a part of the approval process at different hierarchical levels. Paytm payouts allow the corporates to define complex multi-staged workflows in the system. The workflows can be created by the admin user where every level can be constraint-based and logically monitored. The approval timeline can also be easily tracked at each stage of the approval workflow. Parallel approvals can also be done.
The approval processes get triggered when all the conditions set in the flow are fulfilled and the corresponding approval requests are lined up in the respective user’s account. The user needs to follow the steps below to approve or reject the approval requests.
- The user who needs to approve or reject the requests will login through his account.
- In the left main menu, go to the ‘Approvals’ section.
The right side section has approval sections for different modules such as money transfer, bill payments, invoice, payment links etc. All the pending approvals can be seen in the list view under the specific section.
- Use the ‘Approve’ or ‘Reject’ button to take necessary actions against each approval request.
- To approve/reject up to 10 entries altogether, select each entry through the check box and click the ‘Approve All’ or ‘Reject All’ button at the bottom.
Use the top filter to refine results for requests which are ‘Pending’ on the user, ‘Approved’ & ‘Rejected’ by the user. Also, the results can be filtered using the 'Pending on others’ option where the user can view the status of a request which is still pending on other users present in the workflow.
Note: Click on any approval entry and see the approval workflow timeline which shows the details of every stage.
Manage Bulk Approval Requests
When a bulk request is initiated, for example, a bulk money transfer request is initiated, the approval requests for each entry gets lined up in the ‘Approvals’ section in the left main menu. Each entry can be individually accepted or rejected by the user. To process multiple entries in bulk, follow the steps below:
- Go to ‘Approvals’ in the left main menu.
- Click the ‘Download Bulk Approval file’ button.
- Click the ‘Download Approval file’ from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the ‘Download Bulk Approval file’ again and select ‘View download History’ from the drop-down menu to view the downloaded bulk request file.
- From the list of files generated on this page, click the ‘Download’ button to save the bulk request excel file.
- Enter ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ against each entry in the excel file. The user can also choose to leave blank against any entry for which no action has to be taken.
Note: It is mandatory to mention the reason for rejection in the bulk upload file.
- In the approvals section, click the ‘Upload Bulk Approval File’.
- Click the ‘Upload Approval File’ and then click ‘Proceed’.
- Click ‘Submit File’ to start processing bulk approval requests.
Note: Use ‘Show Archive’ button to take actions for transactions initiated on or before 6th May 2020.