- Once a customer selects a plan, you create a subscription order with Paytm, and get the Transaction Token and subscription id.
- In FPO, pass deepLinkRequired as True to get UPI QR deeplink.
- Convert this deep-link or QR image data into a QR image using any QR generator tool/function.
- Display the QR to your customer on your platform (Website/ TV app) to scan using the Paytm app.
- The customer enters the payment details to complete the authorization on Paytm or any UPI App.
- Use the Subscription S2S Callback or Fetch Subscription Status API to confirm the subscription status and display the confirmation to the user on your TV App.
Subscription activation - QR Code
Generating the deep link and QRTo generate a deeplink:
i. Pass deepLinkRequired as True in the request of Fetch Payment Option API, as a result of which a deeplink will be shared under “deepLink”.
ii. Convert the deep-link/QR data into a QR image and display it on your platform (website / TV app). There are open libraries available online which can be used to convert the QR deeplink/UPI QR image data into the QR image.
Caution : You need to take care of the following points while generating and displaying QR image:
- The "deepLink" parameter value must be used for generating QR.
- The QR image must be displayed on white background.
- The size of the UPI QR image must be at least 1.5"x1.5" for faster scan.
- A white space of width 0.5 inch must be left around the QR image.
Subscription authorisation and payment completionThereafter, the customer scans the payment from the Paytm app to complete the subscription activation and first payment on the Paytm or any UPI App.
Fetching the latest subscription statusAfter the successful payment, Paytm provides a callback to your server. Alternatively, you can use the Fetch Subscription Status API to check the status of the subscription and display the confirmation on your platform (Website / TV app) accordingly.