Super Router offers two UPI flows to collect payment through its Checkout Page. These are:-
- UPI Collect
- UPI Intent
The UPI Collect flow is a UPI payment process that allows you to collect payments by prompting the user to enter just the Virtual Payment Address (VPA) on the checkout page. User is notified through SMS and is prompted to make the payment on the relevant UPI App. Below is the transaction journey for UPI Collect flow:
- User selects the UPI payment option and enters their UPI ID.
- UPI transactions can only proceed once the VPA is validated. Once the user clicks on "Verify VPA", the merchant needs to call Validate VPA API of the Super Router. In case of an incorrect VPA, an error will be thrown asking the user to enter a valid VPA.
- Once UPI validation is complete, the user can proceed with the payment.
- User will click the Pay button and the merchant's app / browser will call the Payment API.
- Super Router selects a payment gateway to route the transaction.
- The selected PG will then send the collect request to NPCI and will return the polling page to the merchant's app / browser which is displayed to the user
- A collect request is sent to the user's UPI App. User will enter the MPIN and complete the payment.
- The selected Payment gateway will receive the transaction status from NPCI and it will send the callback response to Super Router.
- Super Router sends this response back to the merchant's app / browser and the polling page is closed
- Merchant will then call the Super Router's Transaction Status API to verify the final status of the payment.
- Super Router returns the final payment status to the merchant and the merchant's app / browser will display it to the user.
Super Router's UPI Intent gives flexibility to its users for making payments from any of the UPI PSP Apps available on their mobile, thus allowing a better payment experience. Below is the transaction journey for UPI Intent flow:
- User chooses UPI as a payment option to complete the transaction.
- Merchant will show a list of supported Apps on which UPI Payment can be done.
- User selects an app and clicks on Pay. Merchant will call the Payment API with payment mode as "UPI_INTENT"
- Router selects the Payment gateway for routing the transaction.
- Router calls the selected gateways API to get the Intent Deeplink and then returns the Deeplink to merchant's app so that selected PSP could be invoked.
- PSP App is invoked.User enters MPIN on PSP app to complete the transaction.
- The PSP App sends the transaction to its UPI switch and the UPI Switch sends the transaction to NPCI for processing.
- NPCI processes the transaction and sends the response back to both PA's UPI switch as well as PSP's UPI Switch.
- The transaction status is updated on the PSP App as well as the PA.
- The Payment Gateway sends the callback to Super Router. Super Router then sends the payment status back to the merchant.
- Merchant's server calls the Transaction Status API of Super Router to verify the final payment status.
- Super Router returns the final payment status to the merchant and merchant's app / browser will display it to the user.