- Once the merchant completes the delivery of service/goods they raise a capture request to Paytm by calling the Capture API
- Paytm validates the capture request to check :
- If the pre-auth request has been raised for the capture call with the help of the Pre-Auth ID in the Capture API
- If the capture amount is less than or equal to the blocked amount (for non wallet & postpaid transactions)
- If there is no other capture or release request in success or pending state corresponding to the same pre-auth.
- Once the capture request is validated Paytm takes actions depending on the payment source of the transaction :
Payment Source Paytm action Wallet
- Paytm deducts the capture amount from the user's Paytm wallet.
- Paytm releases any remaining blocked amount (post capture) back into the user's Paytm wallet.
- Paytm deducts the capture amount from the user's Paytm postpaid account.
- Paytm releases any remaining blocked amount (post capture) back into the user's Paytm postpaid account.
- Paytm raises a request to their banking partners (Acquiring bank & NPCI) to deduct the amount from the user's account
- Paytm receives the response from their banking partner (Acquiring bank & NPCI) for the capture request
- Paytm raises a request to their banking partners (acquiring bank and network partners) to deduct the amount from the user's account
- Paytm receives the result of capture request from the banking partners (acquiring bank and network partners) for the capture re
- Paytm provides the status of the capture request to the merchant as a response to the Capture API.
- In case of successful deduction of amount from the user account Paytm shares a Capture Webhook with the merchant.
- For cases where the merchant receives the status of capture as pending, they can use the Transaction Status API to check the updated status for capture of that transaction. If the merchant wants to know the status of Capture phase of the Standard Auth transaction they should keep the txnType attribute value as "CAPTURE"