Paytm Mini Apps combine the functionality of native apps with the flexibility of mobile websites. They are essentially your web applications / web URLs opened inside the Paytm Consumer or Business App, whose functionality is enhanced via inbuilt JS APIs. This effectively means your app, despite being developed as a web app, can still enjoy all the benefits of a native app. All of this while being listed as a ‘Mini App’ within the Paytm App
What are Paytm Mini Apps?
How Paytm Mini Apps works?
- User scrolls to the Mini App Store section on the Paytm app, and finds your app listed in relevant categories.
- User taps on your app icon and we open your integrated m-web. The complete control of the UI is handed to you.
- User logs in/ signs up onto your app using a single click login.
- User can seamlessly pay in your Mini App using the integrated Paytm payment flow
Why develop a Paytm Mini Apps?
There are many challenges with traditional mobile apps such as maintaining multiple codebases across platforms (iOS, Android or Web), costly user acquisition and requirement of app release and then a waiting period for user adoption for any change made in the app. Launching as a Mini App gives you freedom from all these hassles: implying lesser development/testing and maintenance costs which help you reach millions of Paytm users in a Jiffy.
Some of the stellar features of this platform are as mentioned below :
- No downloads - The user does not have to ‘download’ your app, or worry about storage or data
- No multiple Logins - As the user is already logged in to the Paytm App using his credentials, he doesn’t have to ‘Login’ again while using your Mini App. As a merchant, you get the user’s basic details such as Name, Email, and Phone Number, through the Login APIs that can be integrated directly with your mweb.
- Secured Payments - The user can pay for your product or service through the integrated secure Paytm Payment Gateway that opens within the Paytm app environment. There’s no redirection to a third party website or a browser, and the user’s preferred payment methods are already added and verified.
- Favorite Apps Feature : The user can also add his favorite app to his Home Screen, and be led to it with a single click.
- Seamless Offline to Online Functionality : Take your users to your Mini App through QRs that can be placed at various touch points such as malls, ad banners, and even on your products, thereby driving traffic into your funnel!
Watch in the video below how Paytm Mini Apps can take your app to the next level: