This section explains the integration steps to generate GC Token during a guest checkout payment from the Network via Paytm Token Gateway on the merchant's app/website.
Before you begin the integration, make sure you follow the steps below:
- Create an account on Paytm as a merchant. Click how to create an account.
Note: Save the Paytm MID and merchant key generated in the above step.
- Contact Paytm’s onboarding team or your KAM to place the activation request for Paytm GC Solution on an existing Paytm MID.
Types of Integration
Paytm TG supports GC Token generation for payment processing on any PAs including Paytm. Merchants can flexibly choose a preferred integration depending on their current and future integration plans with Paytm PA. The first integration is recommended for merchants with multiple PAs while the second is recommended for custom checkout merchants with only Paytm PA processing capabilities. There are no integration changes expected in Paytm Managed Checkouts.
Paytm as TG with multiple PAs
This section describes the integration where merchants currently use multiple PAs to process their GC checkout transactions. Going forward merchants can continue the above workflows by using Paytm as a GC token gateway to connect with all major card networks for GC token and Cryptogram Generation.
Retrieving GC tokens and cryptogram
- Before initiating the transaction request, it is recommended to check if GC Token Generation is supported by Paytm the given card bin.
- You are now required to initiate Generate GC Token Data API to retrieve the GC Token and transaction-specific cryptogram.
- Paytm TG forwards the Card Token Number, TAVV (Cryptogram) and Token Expiry to you in response.
Note: Tokens are sensitive information as card details and hence it needs to be ensured that they are not stored or logged in your systems. Only PCI-compliant systems can store these tokens.
- You can now forward the retrieved GC Token details to your preferred Payment Aggregator such as Paytm for payment processing.
Payment processing with GC token and cryptogram
- Your PA raises the transaction request to one of the partner banking gateways.
- The banking gateway receives the transaction status from the issuer and returns the same to your PA.
- Your PA communicates the transaction status to you and you communicate the same to the end customer.
Paytm As TG with only Paytm PA
This section describes the integration for current users of Paytm TG and PA. This merchant needs not to perform any additional onboarding at Paytm’s end GC Token Payment Processing. Paytm TG will use their existing COFT credentials to generate the GC token at the time of transaction processing.
Payment processing with Card PAN
- You initiate the transaction with Card PAN
- Paytm will check if GC Token can be generated on your Merchant ID with the corresponding card network
- If the above holds true then Paytm will generate the GC Token and transaction-specific cryptogram directly with the Card Network
- Paytm PA forwards the Card Token Number, TAVV (Cryptogram) and Token Expiry for payment processing
- Paytm PA communicates the transaction status to you and you communicate the same to the end customer.
Paytm as TG for Paytm-managed Checkouts
- Rendering the cashier/payment/checkout page: This is managed by Paytm. There is no integration change required here.
- Guest Checkout transaction initation: This is managed by Paytm. The only change in this flow is that after Oct 31, 2023, Paytm PA will not use the Card PAN to process Guest Checkout Payments instead GC Token will be used. This would mean if the GC Token generation fails due to any reason the transction processing will be failed.
- Payment processing with GC Tokens: This is managed by Paytm. There is no integration change required here.