About Paytm AI Router
AI Router is an aggregator which connects with multiple payment aggregators to provide a single point of contact for routing payment traffic. Its advanced routing capabilities ensure a high payment success rate with hassle-free integration wherein instead of integrating with multiple PAs, you just need to do a simple single-point integration with the AI Router product.
Challenges with existing PA integrations
When it comes to PA integrations, merchants face multiple challenges.
- Single PA integration: For a merchant with single PA integration, the PA becomes a single point of failure and hence the merchant is heavily / completely dependent on the PA for routing traffic. Moreover, they have very less or almost negligible control over the routing logic.
- Multiple PA integrations: Merchants with multiple PA integrations have to bear a huge overhead and technical investment. It also adds to the operational overload in day-to-day activities as the merchant needs to connect with various PAs in case of any technical issues.
Advantages of AI Router
Below are the reasons how integrating with AI Router will help you overcome these challenges ensuring a smooth payment journey:
- Success Rate Optimisation: AI Router makes smart routing decisions by evaluating multiple gateways’ performances for a particular time period. Historic and real-time performance is taken into account while selecting a particular gateway, to ensure a higher success rate.
- More control over routing logic: AI Router also incorporates merchant's preferences. Merchants can define their own routing logic for distributing the traffic between different gateways, based on various attributes such as - Payment method, Card schemes, Card Types, BINs, Issuer Banks, etc. This allows merchants to have more control over their payment distribution.
- Seamless Integration with multiple PAs: Instead of integrating with multiple PAs, merchant needs to perform single integration with AI Router. Since AI Router is integrated with multiple high performing PGs for routing their traffic, merchants do not need to go through the hassle of performing and maintaining multiple integrations.
- In-depth data analytics: AI Router exposes merchants to Paytm's highly insightful data analytics dashboard that aggregates data from multiple PGs. The dashboard offers easy-to-understand data visualization options with in-depth insights of the payment trends, total collections, payment source analytics, etc.
AI Router Transaction Flow
A simplistic view of the transaction journey is provided below:
- User selects a Payment Option on merchant's app / browser or AI Router's checkout page.
- Merchant's app / browser calls AI Router's API to initiate the payment.
- AI Router registers an Order in its system against the merchant and fetches the Payment Aggregator / Gateway configured by the merchant.
- AI Router selects a gateway to route the payment.
- Selected Aggregator / Gateway processes the payment & returns the status back to Router.
- Router sends the payment status back to the merchant.
- The final payment status is displayed to the user on the merchant’s app / website.