What is WordPress?
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS) that enables you to publish, edit, modify, organize, delete, and maintain content all at one central repository. It could either be a host of text, photographs, videos or audio files.
WordPress with Paytm
Integrating your WordPress site with Paytm allows you to accept payments using Paytm Payment Gateway. It enables you to accept payments via Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking (supports 3D Secure), UPI or Paytm Wallet.
Before you begin to integrate the Paytm Payment Gateway on WordPress, make sure you have a registered business account with Paytm. To create the same, refer to the section Generate your API Keys.
Generate your API keys with Paytm
To generate the API Key,
- Log into your Dashboard.
- Select the API Keys under Developers on the left menubar.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API Key from the menu.
- Click Generate now to generate a key for the test mode and in case of live mode, first activate the account by submitting documents and then generate the key by clicking the Generate now button.
- You will get the merchant ID and merchant key in response to the above. Please make a note of these to be used further.
- You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
- MID and merchant keys generation may take few minutes. In case you do not see these details, please logout and login after 5 minutes. Proceed now to generate these keys.
Installation and Configuration
Your Wordpress Donation plug-in is now installed and you are ready to accept payment through Paytm.
Download a ZIP of the repository from here.
Upload the plugin folder "paytm-donation" into /wp-content/plugins/ directory using the FTP (Filezilla/Live FTP).
Login to your WordPress account and activate the Paytm plugin in WordPress Plugin Manager.
Create a new post or page with [paytmcheckout].
Select Paytm Settings from the menu list and then insert Paytm configuration values provided by the Paytm team.
Fill in the following credentials.
Note: You can refer the Merchant Dashboard for these details.
- Merchant ID - Staging/Production MID
- Merchant Key - Staging/Production Key
- Website - Provided by Paytm
- Industry type - Provided by Paytm
- Environment - Select the type of environment.
- Default Amount - 100
- Default Button/Link Test - Paytm
Note : To check all the donations, select Paytm Donation from the menu list.
In case of any issues with integration, please get in touch.