Plugins are the building blocks of your WordPress site. Whether you need to attach contact forms, enhance SEO, improve site speed, create an online store, or offer email opt-ins, they deliver vital functions. Whatever you want your website to do can be done with a plugin.
There are thousands of free and premium WordPress plugins to download and add – WooCommerce is one of the best plugins for WordPress, especially if you’re building an e-commerce store.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a plugin that integrates effortlessly with your existing WordPress site, turning it into a completely functional WordPress e-commerce website in just a few clicks.
The developers at WordPress have designed it specifically for small to large-sized online businesses.
WooCommerce provides fundamental store functionalities right out of the box, with a free plugin from the Plugin Repository or straight from your WordPress dashboard.
Though it possesses hundreds of available extensions, it extends some great uses right out of the box.
The developers at WordPress have designed WooCommerce to get started as quickly as possible, with an uncomplicated installation and Setup Wizard to get your e-commerce store up and running with your favorite WordPress theme.
Here’s a brief look at what the process of adding it looks like:
- Installation – You need to install the WooCommerce plugin just like any other plugin; look for it in the Plugins choices in your WordPress dashboard, and install and activate it with a few clicks.
- Setup – When you install the WooCommerce plugin, the Setup Wizard walks you through configuring the necessary steps to get your store up and running. Your e-commerce options are practically endless, so the Setup Wizard cuts to the chase and highlights the most critical options, so you never fumble.
- WordPress Theme Integration – Because the developers at WooCommerce designed it to be compatible with WordPress, it operates excellently with most WordPress themes. You can pick the Storefront theme if you’d prefer to use the official theme – and just like the plugin, it’s free of cost!
Why do we need WooCommerce Payment Plugins?
Wouldn’t it be difficult for your customers if your e-commerce store provides a limited number of options for them to make payments?
Well, you have nothing to worry about while using the WooCommerce plugin. There are a significant number of free and paid WooCommerce Payment Gateway plugins. It takes charge of different modes of transactions using multiple methods of payment.
Providing a top-notch user experience is the holy-grail of an e-commerce business. One of the most important aspects that has a direct impact on conversions is the availability of payment options. Therefore, as an online store owner, you need to ensure that your users get all the popular payment methods in one place.
The benefits of merging WooCommerce & Paytm
WooCommerce merged with the Paytm Payment Gateway makes it easy and hassle-free for you to accept payments from your customers.
This ease is because Paytm doesn’t categorize your customers to pay only via a restricted number of options, unlike other providers. With the Paytm Payment Gateway, buyers have multiple options to pay from. These include:
- Paytm Wallet
- Bank account via UPI
- Debit or Credit cards
- Net Banking
- EMI Option on cards
- Paytm Postpaid
This Paytm Payment Gateway plugin merged with the WooCommerce plugin enables you to receive payments seamlessly. It’s integrated into your online store and adapted to your industry and sales volume.
The Paytm Payment Gateway redirects your customers to a secured Paytm hosted page to make payments.
Adding to the above, this plugin runs across all browsers and guarantees adaptability with the most advanced version of WooCommerce.
Some of the other features you get to enjoy by incorporating this plugin into your e-commerce store include:
- The ability to accept payments using India’s most trusted payment platform
- Enabling the fastest checkout methods by tapping into a vault of 150 million saved cards on Paytm
- The ability to provide your customers and support your business with automatic refunds
What is the process of integration?
Before integrating the Paytm Payment Gateway on Woocommerce, ensure you have a listed business account with Paytm.
Generate your API keys with Paytm
To generate the API Key,
- Log into the Merchant Dashboard.
- Click on the API Keys option under the Developers segment on the menu.
- Select the form for which you want to create the API Key from the menu.
- Select the Generate now option to create a key for the test mode. In live mode, activate the account by first submitting your documents and then generate your key by clicking on the Generate now option.
- You will then receive your merchant ID and a merchant key. Keep these handy as you will need them later.
- You have to make different API Keys for the test mode and live mode. Paytm will make sure not to deduct any money from your account while you’re testing the product.
- The merchant ID and key generation may take some time. If you don’t get yours even after waiting for more than half an hour, please log out and log in after 5 minutes. Then proceed to follow the above steps again.
Compatibilities and Dependencies
- WordPress v3.9.2 or higher
- WooCommerce v2.4 or higher
- PHP v5.6.0 or higher
- Download a ZIP of the repository.
- Unzip and open the downloaded folder.
- Copy the Paytm-payments folder from the unzipped folder.
- Paste it into the /wp-content/plugins/ directory, or you may choose to upload the Paytm folder via the Woocommerce Webstore Admin panel.
- Login to your WordPress account and activate the Paytm Payment Gateway plugin in the WordPress Plugin Manager.
- Login to your WooCommerce Webstore account, click on the Settings option, and click on the Checkout/Payment Gateways option.
- Scroll down to Checkout, and click on Settings under Gateway Display.
- Click on Paytm to edit. (If you do not see Paytm in the menu at the top, make sure you have initiated the plugin in the WordPress Plugin Manager.)
- Fill in the following details:
- Enable – Enable check box
- Title – Paytm
- Description – Default
Refer to the Merchant Dashboard for these:
- Merchant Identifier – Staging/Production MID
- Secret Key – Staging/Production Key
- Website Name – Provided by Paytm
- Industry Type – Provided by Paytm
- Environment – Select environment type
If you diligently follow the above steps, Paytm will enable the Paytm payment gateway for your store. You can then instantly start accepting payments through Paytm.
If you face any other integration-related problems, we’d be more than happy to help!
Additional features and benefits you get to enjoy
- Unparalleled UX and success-rates – Leverage a vast user-base with 250mn+ saved cards and 100mn+ saved bank accounts
- Wide range of payment sources – Let users choose from 100+ payment sources across – Cards, Net-banking, UPI, EMI, Paytm Wallet, Paytm Postpaid, Gift vouchers etc.
- Enable International payments acceptance with support for over 200+ countries
- Control the experience – Customize the payment page experience in line with your brand guidelines
- Most Robust UPI rails – Accept payments through any UPI app with Paytm Payments Bank’s in-house UPI gateways
- Settlements – Get complete control over your settlement schedule with options for real-time/on-demand settlements
- Instant Refunds – Trigger instant refunds straight to the userâs account through the Paytm dashboard
- Bank offers – Configure bank offers on cards/netbanking on the Paytm dashboard
- Checkout Analytics – Get rich data insights on the Paytm dashboard
Conclusively, it would be best to keep in mind that speed is money for an e-commerce site, which means that the quicker your site loads, the more dependable the shopping experience.
A more enjoyable user experience turns to improved SEO, increased ROI, and more satisfied customers. These improvements eventually lead to better revenue and advantages.
Shoppers today demand an e-commerce store to have high-resolution images and videos, live chats, user reviews, real-time inventories, personalization, and faster, trustworthy payment options.
Online shoppers have a tiny attention span. Hence, all the characteristics they require to have a quicker and more fluid shopping experience are the same ones that brake down your eCommerce site if you don’t administer them correctly.
But you don’t need to worry about that.
WooCommerce and Paytm are not only among the most successful online platforms globally but are open to utilize and tweak as per your necessities.
From the ease of use to payments, control over refunds to mobile readiness, WooCommerce and Paytm are, thus, the clear choices for your WordPress e-commerce store!
All these benefits are bound to become the backbone of your online business. These can conserve time and provide results effortlessly.
So, what are you waiting for? Try integrating the Paytm Payment Gateway with your e-commerce store now and start winning!
TL;DR: Watch the video below.