Basic First, a leading EdTech company, specializes in courses across Grade 6–12, Graduation and Diploma. Their faculty and courses are equipped with the best of teachers, researchers and professionals from MIT, AIIMS and IIT. The company holds a strong motto — “empower students with confidence.”
Basic First collaborated with Paytm Ads to create awareness among parents about the reduced cost of their demo classes and to increase the number of demo bookings for these classes.
With the rapid digital growth of our nation, there has been a rise in the demand for online education resources over the past few years. As the pandemic hit, the need for online classes increased causing the EdTech sector to grow.
Basic First wanted to leverage this golden opportunity to onboard new users on their platform with an incentivized package for a demo class. As an advertising partner, the goal for Paytm Ads was to help drive bookings for their demo classes.
Basic First experimented with a rich mix of media formats for their Paytm Ads campaign, namely:
- Display Asset: The ads on Paytm redirected users to the Basic First website.
- Brand Vouchers: The ad redirected users to a customized brand voucher page that allowed them to purchase and conclude the transaction on Paytm. Users were then able to redeem their demo class on the external platform. This was a new innovation done by the Paytm Ads team for Basic First.
- Push Notifications: The push notification retargeted users who had clicked on Basic First’s brand vouchers.
The team at Paytm Ads strived to work towards optimizing the campaign results. They tested out various creative callouts to compare user behavior. This helped them understand the headlines which connected strongly with the user base and led to higher conversions.
The Paytm Ads team leveraged sharp user insights to create several deterministic cohorts for the campaign. The campaign targeted users who:
- Paid fees to schools/coaching centres on Paytm
- Transacted using Paytm on EdTech platforms
- Purchased toys, stationery, school supplies or clothes for children from Paytm Mall
Alongside this campaign, the partnership between the two teams further strengthened. The media campaign coupled with the activation of the Paytm Payment Gateway ensured a long-term collaboration. This not only led to seamless transactions but also ensured fewer dropouts during the demo booking process.