Your business is up and running because of the customer base you have.
Injecting a personal touch is the key to growth of any business as it will enhance the customer’s experience. Very few customers feel that their business provider understand them so why not go that extra mile and create an experience for your customer which will make them come back to you. Not only will you stand apart from most of your competitors, but you could easily become many customers new top choice for purchases.
To make your customer feel good, you can follow some of these key points:
- Try to remember names of your customer, every time they walk in wish them using their first or last name
- Help them in selecting products based on their past purchases
- Get assistance to people who need help like an elderly person, pregnant women, someone with special needs etc
- Providing discounts based on your policy
- Acknowledging special occasions in their lives, such as birthdays, with freebie offers as per policy
- Speeding up the payment process
Now that we are talking about payments, while all of you accept Paytm at your stores or accept payment through our gateways, you must often come across customers who are not well versed with digital and online payments.
There you get a chance to go out of the way and be a guide.
Instead of taking cash and letting the customer go just because he/she doesn’t know how to pay through Paytm, swipe a card or pay via Paytm wallet, as you are an expert in using Paytm’s payment methods be it paying via QR, via Paytm wallet or Paytm gateway using a card etc so here you should take the initiative to teach the person about using digital payments.
Not only this will resolve your issues with settling cash or giving change but imagine what a wonderful impact it will leave on the mind of your customer as he/she would appreciate the fact that you took your time out to teach them something new which will benefit them in the near future. With such an experience you will earn a loyal customer and also gain more customers from the good words of mouth.
So going an extra mile is always the key word in the world of customer service, choose the way now and increase your customer base.